cupcakes! but extra girly cause we used pink sprinkles.
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- splash of vanilla essence
- vanilla buttercream: 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, 2 1/2 cup (220g) icing sugar, 2 tbsp milk, vanilla essence
- Cream together softened butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder, then add a pinch of salt. Gently fold in, then add milk and stir until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and fill them 2/3 of the way. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean!
- Let cool completely and frost with vanilla buttercream—beat butter until pale and fluffy, gradually add icing sugar until dissolved completely, and add milk and vanilla essence until slightly loosened.
- Add sprinkles and you’re done!