bagels… that is all.
recipe (makes four normal-sized bagels):
- 2 cups (300g) bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (187ml) warm water
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- olive oil
- toppings: sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, poppy seeds
- Combine flour, yeast, brown sugar, salt, and water in a bowl until there are no more dry parts. Knead until a stiff dough forms.
- Oil a bowl with olive oil and place dough ball inside—let rise in a warm place for around 90 minutes or until roughly doubled in size.
- Split dough into four equal parts, then form into balls and poke a hole in the centre.
- Boil water with honey, then boil bagels for one minute on each side.
- Brush bagels with egg wash, then sprinkle topping of choice. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Bake bagels for 20-25 minutes or until they have become a deep golden brown colour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15-20 minutes.