Whoever invented muffins… is a genius. Because they essentially have the same ingredients as cake, except they’re acceptable to eat for breakfast. How innovative. Anyway, double chocolate muffins are so good with iced coffee.
recipe (makes 3-4 jumbo muffins):
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk—or alternatively, add 1 tsp of white vinegar to regular milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (62ml) vegetable oil
- splash of vanilla essence
- 1 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- pinch of salt
- dark chocolate chunks
- Combine buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla and one bowl and whisk.
- Combine flour, instant coffee, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in another bowl.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks and then scoop evenly into a muffin pan lined with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- You’re done!