banana… and chocolate. a match made in heaven.
recipe (makes 3-4 jumbo muffins):
- 1/8 cup (30ml) buttermilk—or alternatively, add 1 tsp of white vinegar to regular milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- splash of vanilla essence/extract
- 1 & 1/4 cup (185g) all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- dark chocolate chunks
- Optional streusel topping: 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp cold butter
- Combine buttermilk, egg, oil, butter, and vanilla in one bowl and whisk.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and salt in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold gently together.
- Fold in blueberries and scoop evenly into a muffin pan lined with baking paper.
- To make streusel, combine ingredients and use a fork to “cut” ingredients together until they form rough crumbs. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and bake muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.
- You’re done!