Do you guys prefer cakey or fudgy brownies? These are the perfect combination of the two, leaning slightly more towards the fudgy side. These can be thrown together in just two bowls, meaning you won’t have that much washing to do after (a great bonus!).
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Over a double boiler on the stove, melt chocolate and butter together until glossy and smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and eggs, then beat until pale and doubled in size—this is a very important step and is how your brownies will achieve a shiny cracked surface.
- Add salt and vanilla and gently stir.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder and gently fold in. You can also fold chopped nuts and extra chocolate in at this step.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until when you insert a skewer, it comes out with moist crumbs stuck to it. It shouldn’t be a completely wet batter, but also shouldn’t come out completely clean (this means you’ve over baked your brownies).
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- You’re done!