Do you guys prefer cakey or fudgy brownies? These are the perfect combination of the two, leaning slightly more towards the fudgy side. These can be thrown together in just two bowls, meaning you won’t have that much washing to do after (a great bonus!).
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Over a double boiler on the stove, melt chocolate and butter together until glossy and smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and eggs, then beat until pale and doubled in size—this is a very important step and is how your brownies will achieve a shiny cracked surface.
- Add salt and vanilla and gently stir.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder and gently fold in. You can also fold chopped nuts and extra chocolate in at this step.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until when you insert a skewer, it comes out with moist crumbs stuck to it. It shouldn’t be a completely wet batter, but also shouldn’t come out completely clean (this means you’ve over baked your brownies).
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- You’re done!
14 thoughts on “chocolate brownies”
What size baking tin do you use?
hey love! 8×8
Did you use unsalted butter?
yes, always unsalted butter when baking!
hi! I’ve tried this recipe and my fam loved it ❤ i like to bake it in a bigger pan this time (10×10) do i need to double the recipe? or 1 and a half would do? and what would be the baking time? thank you so much 💓☺
I’d say double the recipe to be safe—and for the baking time just keep checking it at 5 minute intervals until the centre of the brownie pan no longer jiggles (you don’t want to overbake these)
I tried making this and it tasted so good!!! I over baked it a bit though :’)
Hi, What brand of dark chocolate do you use?
I don’t actually have a brand I typically use! I just grab whatever brand is on sale
oh em gee! i tried these and theyre the BEST brownies weve ever had!! they were moist and the shell was just perfect thank you!!!!
May I ask which position do you place your pan in the oven? Middle or top?
I always use the middle rack for everything!
Should I omit the salt if I’m using salted butter?
I would recommend using unsalted butter—otherwise it’ll be overly salty hahaha