This recipe is something I memorised years and years ago, and I always come back to it when I feel like making cookies. It’s foolproof and I have a feeling it’s Nestle Tollhouse’s or Tasty’s recipe—anyway, this makes around six jumbo cookies but you can definitely make them smaller and make around 10-12 cookies.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla essence/extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl and stir together until it resembles wet sand.
- Add in egg and vanilla essence/extract, and stir until smooth.
- Sift flour and baking soda into wet ingredients and gently fold in. Take care not to over mix, which will result in too much air incorporated into your dough—resulting in flat cookies.
- Fold in your chocolate chunks.
- Cover and chill dough in the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes, then preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out mounds of dough onto a baking sheet, leaving at least two inches between each cookie. You can also add extra chocolate chunks to your cookie dough mounds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of your cookies are browned.
- Let cool (they’ll fall apart if they’re piping hot, but you can enjoy them while warm) before eating.
- You’re done!
4 thoughts on “foolproof chocolate chip cookies”
i love you and your recipes!!!!!
hiii could you post your perfect cookies on here please? i think a written recipe is easier to follow than a tik tok ❤️
These cookies are really tasty and easy to make. They’ve become my new go to.
I used demerara sugar instead of brown sugar and it worked out great. Also, this batch actually made me 32 moderately sized cookies! Which was great for the family. I do recommend using a little less sugar or adding a pinch of salt; as these cookies were rather sweet.
Thank you for the recipe! I loved them.