recipe (makes 8 small mochi):
- 60g glutinous rice flour
- 30g sugar
- 100ml water
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- cocoa powder
- corn starch or potato starch
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and instant coffee and stir until smooth (this is easiest if your cream cheese is at room temperature). Chill in the fridge.
- Whisk together glutinous rice flour, sugar, and water until there are no lumps remaining.
- Cover and place in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, then remove and stir. Repeat this process again for 1 minute, then 30 seconds, and then 30 seconds. If you don’t have a microwave, you can steam the mochi for around 15 minutes, stirring once halfway. It should be very sticky and stretchy.
- It will be very hot so take care! Let it cool down slightly (I usually wait until it’s a bit warmer than room temperature) then dust with corn starch or potato starch and split into even pieces. Scoop your filling into the centre of the mochi and pinch around it to close it completely.
- Roll in cocoa powder.
- You’re done!
2 thoughts on “tiramisu mochi”
Looks amazing, what kind of sugar do you use? Powdered or Caster? 🙂